help on bastila

Discussion dans 'English board' créé par alexander, 3 Mars 2009.

1. alexander

alexander Weld Azrou Membre du personnel

J'aime reçus:
    how do we make a bastila with chicken?

i need everything to be in English, it's for an American girl who tried it once at a very famous Moroccan restaurant in Washington DC.

2. benider1

benider1 Visiteur

J'aime reçus:
    Here is the recipe for the pastilla:( this one is for pigeon but you can substitute it with chicken)
    2lbs pastilla flaky pastry sheets( filo dough)
    Mix together in a pan:
    6 pigeons cut into small pcs
    4oz butter
    1lbs onions sliced
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp saffron
    1/2 tsp salt
    11/2 pints water
    then cook,half covered,for about 30 min.when cooked remove the pcs of pigeons or chicken and add to the sauce:
    1 large sprig coriander, chopped
    1 large sprig parsley,chopped
    1tbsp cinnamon
    8oz castor sugar
    Reduce the sauce before adding:
    12 beatten eggs

continue to cook for a further 5 min,stirring continually with a wooden spoon,then leave to cool.
    In a well buttered metal flan dish with smooth sides arrange a first layer of flaky pastry,consisting of several thiknesses cut larger than the dish and left to overlap the edge.two or three thiknesses in the bottom will give a firm base to your pastilla.Spread the pigeon/chicken over the base,arrange the eggs and herb mixture on them,then sprinkle with 10oz of peeled, fried and crushed almonds.Cover with 1 or 2 sheets of pastry and close over this cover the overlapping edges of the base.Paint the whole surface with egg yolk before repeating the operation,by placing overlapping layers of pastry on top.The overlap this time should be folded carefully in under the pastilla to give it a neat,well rounded edge.Stick on a final sheet of pastry with egg yolk,to give a smooth finish.
    Brown the base of the pastilla over warm charcoal then turn it over by placing a flat dish on top,turning out pastilla then sliding back upside down into the flan dishe.Now cook the other side.Once or twice during the cooking you should gently raise the edges of the pastilla with a spatula and slide a few nobs of butter under it.
    To serve,place a round flat serving plate on top of the flan dish and turn the pastilla over onto it,thus presenting the smooth surface on top.decorate with icing sugar and cinnamon.Always serve very hot.
    Your friend has picked a tough one there.She's brave.Anyway.
    Good luck

1 personne aime cela.
  3. alexander

J'aime reçus:
    thank you man.

my friend was invited to the best moroccan restaurant in the capital . they make really good food unlike other ones. although the owner is spanish...

i'm still waiting for the video you promised me Nassira [33h]

4. nassira

nassira العـــز و النصــر

J'aime reçus:
    here is the easiest one that I found ... is a "fish bastila" and she can change the "filling" which is the sea-food in this one to the sweet version of bastila with chicken, almonds + sucre + Cinnamon and eggs if she wants !

5. alexander

J'aime reçus:
    excellent, now with the video in a hand and a and receipt on the other hand she should be able to make it.

thank you both.

6. nassira

J'aime reçus:
    with this video she will get an idea about how to make the bastila .. then she can change the filling to the one with chicken and (fried crushed almonds) plus cinnamon plus sugar and eggs that were cooked in the sauce of chicken is really delicious !( I prefer the sweet one too) !

7. alexander

J'aime reçus:
    of course the sweet is better. i love it

8. benider1

benider1 Visiteur

J'aime reçus:
    yo send a brother a piece

9. nassira

J'aime reçus:

I will, is that your mail address ?? "world" just to make sure if you still over there !! [22h]

10. benider1

benider1 Visiteur

J'aime reçus:
    that's very funny[35h].I'm in the cold side of the world which is north of the mason dixon line:p.How about you?

11. jaan

jaan Visiteur

J'aime reçus:
    exellent video i love watch her videos

Partager cette page